This position is responsible for the maintenance of multiple systems within the Central Business Office and will act as a liaison between the CBO, Finance, registration and the Information Technology department. Performs the following support duties but not limited to project lead, systems analysis, EDI processes, file maintenance, system testing, end user training, report writing and or technical system support. This position ensures that all facilities on all Patient Accounting related systems and support tools utilize the established standard master file values, maintain values across facilities, and monitor system data integrity and on-going HIPAA compliancy.
- Responsible for trouble-shooting issues, ability to analyze data and to present analysis in a format that is relatable to interested parties
- Develop recommended business solutions through research and analysis of data and business process and implement when appropriate
- Drives the implementation of new or improved processes and solutions as needed; this can include scheduling meetings, documentation and training
- Coordinate testing and post production validation to ensure efficient services and optimal system development.
- Responsible for problem solving situations that may fall outside of the traditional support provided
- Understanding the project design and implementation plan to be able to conceptualize and put into practice
- As a Project lead this position will assist with implementation and support initiatives by understanding project management basics which would include requirements, designs, testing and execution
- Work collaboratively with internal and external customers to cultivate a strong working relationship. Coordinates activities with facility Patient Registration, HIM, Clinical and Case Management departments to ensure an efficient workflow and system interaction
- Demonstrates knowledge related to querying data from various reporting systems and understands the relationship between various data points
- Maintain users and specific profiles in eFR/MRT/CA applications. This includes coordinating all task that are required with other teams to ensure the changes are implemented and tested in these applications
- Ongoing analysis of the System Admin specific worklist in eFR and working with the appropriate teams to identify any necessary changes in the workflow.
- Ongoing maintain and troubleshooting for all internal tools developed to assist in the workflow for efficiencies which include the PFS databases.
- Maintains all tickets assigned to our office through the HP Service Manager system and works with both O360 IT and DHIT to ensure correct assignment of tickets.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 3+ years of work experience in Patient Accounting within a hospital or clinic setting.
- 3+ years of experience with data analysis
- 3+ years of billing experience within a hospital or clinical setting
- Experience with process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and / or evaluation of business processes
- Proficiency with PC based software programs and automated database management systems (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Claims operations experience
- Revenue Cycle experience
- Experience gathering requirements from the client/business and documenting those requirements